Germany/Austria Time

Monday, June 30, 2008

My wonderful family seeing me off at the Memphs airport
Molly and I hangin out at the Starbucks inside Charlotte airport, (I didn't buy anything - yay for me) waiting to get on great Lufthansa airplane.
The doors of freedom are just a few steps ahead! Can we really be in Germany?
Waiting for our dorm keys at the Academie.




After lunch, some of us walked around the town for a while. I had my first German ice cream, which was delicious at a mear 1.40 EUR. When we found an Aldi, I felt right at home, oddly enough, since it is a German store. The wine selection was alarmingly cheap, but I resisted :-). We had a rehearsal today at 3pm, and Dr. E. kept threatning to make us stand up the rest of the rehearsal if anybody even looked liked he was falling asleep. Some of us stood up anyway. It was supposd to be a three hour rehearsal, but at 5, he said he was beating a dead horse and decided that if we promised to have lights out at 10 he would let us off an hour early. Supper is served at 6p so I went up to the room and just dropped on the bed thinking I would rest my feet a little while before suppertime. I ended up resting my eyes too, clear past suppertime. I got up around 7:30 and since then have just been roaming around the castle and enjoying the beautiful weather. It is almost cool enough to wear a very lightpullover, but very comfortable without one. It is 9:15 now, and dusk is just now starting to set in, which is really great for us, as tourists. Its also time to go to bed. hopefully i can post more pictures at a later time.

No comments: