Germany/Austria Time

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Guten Tag!

Indeed, here in Marktoberdorf it is a good morning! The fire alarms went off at 5:30, and the church bells sounded at 6, I think it was. Then my alarm sang at 6:30. And you wouldn't believe it but I still almost missed breakfast. Were it not for my rooming pal, Michael P. Jones, I surely would be much hungrier than I am now. I slept very hard last night, which I am thankful for, and feel quite rested today. The jet lag effect yesterday was suppressed to a minimum, and today I am ready to saok in some more Germanic...things. I We rehearsed this morning from 9-11:30 and lunch is just now being served. I canät wait to see what it is. Yesterday's was excellent, which i have pictures of, and will of today's in a manner of minutes. The weather remains georgeous.

AB

post script. the time shown at the top of the blog is two hours early. I am not sure why. We are 7 hours ahead of Memphis time. so here is is approximately 12:22 pm.

7 comments:

rachel tsunami said...

Good day, nephew. Glad you got rested. Put in a p.s. for me, would you, and let me know how The Girls are.

Robert has tried to text you a couple of times, asking you to communicate something to Kathryn. Have those come through? Let me know specifically, if you please, and also what time they came to your cell, so we'll know if this is a viable option for getting msgs through to them. (It is our understanding that we can text you from here at no cost.)

rachel tsunami said...

...and WoW. Cool castle. Castle hall. The Hall of the Castle is cool. Hmmm. I wonder what the rest of The Castle looks like.

Aunt

Lynn Bruce said...

Yay, pictures! We love pictures. So glad you're past jet lag. It can be nasty stuff.

BTW, I don't think I mentioned that sauerkraut is a known cure for an impressive number of psychosomatic syndromes. Hey, just trying to help you be an informed and well-adjusted tourist.

And, since we're not feeling all that well-adjusted with you being halfway across the stinkin planet, I think tomorrow we'll be having reubens with extra sauerkraut in your honor.

Missums.

Androphenese said...

AOAOMFS, please see comments previous post for a reply thanks everyone for zour comments.....

rachel tsunami said...

wow. it's weird to think about it being 11 pm where you are. you're day is over and i'll bet it was big. like dr. edwards not asking for perfection, but just wanting it to be perfect. that sort of big.

now, bo-doo, please remember to specifically tell M&K that we [editorial "we"] feel very excitable (which is to say, pooh, that we cannot really describe how we feel) and that some word of them, through you, would be coveted by we, and it need not be much, just a crumb, as it were. and if one of them is with you at any time in one of the internet cafes, would you consider letting her (or her) type in a little blog post, since there is all the space in the cyberworld at your disposal. just a thought. okay. go to bed now. maybe you already have.

much love,
Aunt
looking forward to more pictures.

rachel tsunami said...

(should have been "your" day is over.)

Harris said...

I really have no idea what jetlag is. And I dont know why I don't just ask Dad who is next to me......